Choosing what to wear for your session can be tough. Especially when you need to make sure the whole family look great together. Here are a few pointers to get you started.
- Be yourself – If you’re a laid back family who prefer to play outdoors, don’t feel that you have to get ‘dressed up’ for your session. If you feel uncomfortable in your clothes, it will show in the photos.
- Coordinating not matching – Choosing a few key colours for everyone to wear is a good idea to make sure everyone coordinates, but you don’t have to all wear the same.
- Keep it simple -Feel free to choose a few accessories to go with your outfit, but remember less is more. The same goes for make-up, just wear the amount of makeup you normally wear.
- Get Inspired – Check out some ideas for colour schemes on my Pinterest page
- Base your outfit on brown, grey or navy – Too much black can be overpowering and make skin look washed out.
- Opt for Classic Styles -I want you to enjoy you beautiful family photos for a long time, so to keep your photos from aging too fast, choose classic styles over trendy styles that will be out of fashion next year.
- Let your smiles do the talking – Your session is about you and your family, so you don’t want your clothes to steal the limelight. For this reason, avoid bright, clashing colours and limit pattern.
- Leave Elsa and Anna in Arendelle – I know how kids can fall in love with characters from movies and TV (my house is 80% Peppa Pig!) but if you can, get them to leave their Elsa dress or Minions t shirt at home just this once. In a years time, when they’ve moved on to the next thing (Frozen 2, oh no!!!) they’ll thank you for it.
Bonus tip, and most importantly, have fun! And don’t forget I’m here if you have any questions.